Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas! - 2010


Over the last year I have redecorated most of my house. I decided that the "country" or "country primitive" just wasn't me. I love bright colors and all things Mary Engelbreit make me smile. My only concern was that it would be "too much". I think I have found a happy medium though and am now loving our home. Of course different colors and such in the every day decor meant that Christmas would have to be adapted to incorporate the bright colors as well. This is what I have come up with. The picture above is in the kitchen above my refrigerator.

Our family room is now painted red and the pic above is over the love seat. Lots of touches of ME!
I've collected Eddie Walker figurines and these are a few of my favorites at Christmas (of course with a ME print over the fireplace).


Our hutch has the beginnings of a ME Christmas collection!

The living room has my new favorite wall - both of our girls senior pics (thanks to Through A Lens!) are the highlight in here next to the tree and ME pillows!

Our staircase with the newly made garlands!

I love to decorate with food and since we will be hosting all the college/high school kids from my daughters charity ( www.artwithheartonline.net ) for a Christmas party, I thought why not use Christmas candy for decor (I'm sure it will disappear at the party!).



Our Christmas tree - complete with my ME ornament collection, my husband's Air Force collection, Hannah's Mary Moos & Smores, and Megan's Cherished Teddies. Lots of ME bags and wrapping paper as well. So that's my version of Christmas this year! I'll try to add more pics as things come together! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your family!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....very cute tree. Now I can see the ornaments better. Your house is just darling and oh so "Mary"! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete